I initially wanted to have a lot of substance in every I post I made on this site. But seeing as the time between posts would then be very long, I figured I might as well fill it with (somewhat) regular progress updates about the things I’ve been working on.
This time I’ve made some progress in using irrXML to parse Collada files and just collect the information into usable data types. It has been fairly straight forward to use irrXML, especially since the implementation of the trim function.
My initial thought was that I would be able to freestyle the Collada standard, but I have since come to realise that reading the documentation is a good thing, which will be the next major step in the development. I’ve also played around with OpenGL, which will make the step of translating the Collada document into OpenGL easier.